ABOUT THE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY OF THE REPUBLIC OF UZBEKISTAN
The Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Republic of Uzbekistan, was established in accordance with the Decree of President Islam Karimov on July 7, 2004. With divisions in all regions of the country, in particular, 14 territorial divisions, 127 information-consulting and business centers, 14 arbitration courts, 3 staff training centres and 21 Unitary Enterprise, CCI effectively cooperates with public authorities and administration that promotes steady growth in business confidence and strengthen the partnership between the organization and the state.
Chamber of Commerce and Industry has a number of representative offices abroad which are aimed to simplify mechanism of interaction between local and foreign businessmen, one of them in Portugal, represented by Tiago Melo Patrício.
The Chamber makes a special focus on the legal issues and legitimate interests of entrepreneurs. From the first year of its existence the Chamber began to defend the interests of entrepreneurs in the economic courts of the country. Considering that in 2004, 37 claims were filled to court, in 2013 this figure exceeded 33,000. Today, more than 90 percent of claims are satisfied in favour of entrepreneurs. An important step towards improving the protection of the rights of entrepreneurs this year was the creation at the Chamber the Monitoring Centre of inspections of businesses. The Center is also monitoring more than 50 percent of inspections conducted by controlling bodies.
- Creation of favorable conditions for the further development of entrepreneurship;
- Assistance to adjustment of business links of domestic entrepreneurs with foreign partners;
- Assistance to active promotion of the domestic goods and services on foreign markets;
- Assistance to wide attraction of foreign investments to the Republic for creation of new, modernize existing companies, manufacturing of finished competitive production;
- Assistance to development of economy of the Republic of Uzbekistan, to its integration into the World economic system, establishment of trade and economic, scientific and technical relations of entrepreneurs of Uzbekistan with entrepreneurs of other countries;
- Unification and support of members of the Chamber;
- Representation of interests and protection of the rights of entrepreneurs – members of the Chamber;
- Formation of complete system of a market infrastructure.
- Assistance to the accelerated development of entrepreneurship in the Republic, first of all small and private business, to formation of class of real proprietors, cardinal increase of the role and value of the private sector in the economic life of the country;
- Assistance to entrepreneurs of the Republic in expansion of business contacts with the foreign partners and investors, in promotion of export production made by domestic entrepreneurs, on foreign markets, and also in attraction of direct foreign investments into the Republic for creation of joint ventures, technical equipment and re-equipment, first of all, small and private enterprises;
- Adjustment and development of cooperation with the Chambers of Commerce and Industry and public associations of entrepreneurs of other states, the organization of business visits of delegations of entrepreneurs of Uzbekistan and the invitation into the Republic of foreign entrepreneurs, carrying out international business-forums, commercial and industrial exhibitions and fairs of production of entrepreneurs both in the Republic and abroad;
- Providing entrepreneurs with wide spectrum of services, including information and consultation support, organization of business-catalogues publications, covering the information on domestic manufacturers, production made by them and investment opportunities, and also data on potential partners and opportunities of modern technologies purchase;
- Implementation of measures on further formation of the favorable business environment for development of business, inculcation of the international-accepted norms and practice of business activity in the Republic, preparation of offers on perfection of the legislation, on improvement of the legal and economic conditions for carrying out the entrepreneurs activity;
- Representation and protection of the rights and legitimate interests of entrepreneurs, including in relations with state bodies and an economic board concerning their registration, certification of production, licensing and to other questions, and also at disposal of legal proceeding in courts;
- Support on development of the education system and professional training for entrepreneurs, the organization of training and improvement of professional skill of entrepreneurs;
- Participation in development of the concept of entrepreneurship development and in implementation of mechanisms of public control over activity of enterprises;
- Keeping the database of the entrepreneurs on the basis of the state register of the enterprises and the organizations;
- Assistance to settlement of disputes between enterprises;
- The organization of work on practical implementation of the decisions of Republican coordination council on stimulation of development of small and private entrepreneurship;
- Coordination of the events on support of entrepreneurship, conducting by the insurance agency “Madad” and Bank “Uztadbirkorbank”;